Top Ten Questions to ask when Hiring a Realtor
When you’re looking to buy or sell a home, it’s important to find the right realtor. Here are the top ten questions you should ask when interviewing a potential realtor.
1. What experience do you have in Monmouth County and how long have you been working as a realtor here for?
2. Do you specialize in any particular type of property or market segment (commercial, residential, etc.)?
3. How familiar are you with local housing laws and regulations that might affect my transaction(s)?
4. Are there any additional services that I can expect from you and your agency beyond just listing/showing properties to me as a buyer/seller client ?
5. What is your strategy for marketing my property if I’m selling, or finding me the best deal if I’m buying ?
6. How often will we be communicating throughout the process of buying/selling ?
7. Can I get references from past clients who had similar transactions such as mine ?
8. Do you have an estimate on what fees I would need to pay during this process (commission rate, closing costs etc.) ?
9. Are you a Full-time Realtor?
10. What is the maximum amount of people you work work (and are currently working with) at any given point?